Here is the story. Tuesday afternoon, we got word that a few referrals were arriving in the US from agencies on the coasts, so we had a pretty good idea that we might get a call today. Michael was in Jeff City for a commission meeting, so the cats and I shared a sleepless night together. I go to work this morning and wait. By 11:30 I was downright anxious. Susan, Darla and I went to lunch around noon. The phone rings, it is Michael. I then get a text message from Candi and from Amy saying that they have heard from their social workers that the referrals are in. At 1:03pm my phone rings, I look at the caller ID and tell Susan and Darla "this is it" I pull out my papers and answer the phone. Laura announces herself and says she has our referral. Somehow, I manage to ask her if I can put her on hold and get Michael on the phone. I conference Michael in and we listen as Laura tells us all of the details.
Laura signs off and Michael and I giggle with each other for a few more minutes then end the call.
It was great to have Darla and Susan with me!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
The call!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment