It is almost two weeks from referral. Michael commented this morning that the time has gone by quickly and I agree. Compared to the days dragging pre-referral. Hopefully we will hear something about travel dates in 3-4 more weeks!
I wanted to send a care package to Olivia's orphanage but was really unsure about it because it is sometimes difficult for the orphanage to get the package and sometimes even costly. I looked on line and found a wonderful lady who send them from her store in China. We emailed back and forth and I told her what I was hoping for, mainly treats for those workers who are taking such good care of Olivia. Here is what she put in the package:
She has also called the director of the orphanage twice and got updated information:
Height: 27.6 inches
Weight: 18.7 pounds
Head: 17.7 inches
He said that she is a beautiful girl and very smart and that all of the nannies just love her and want to take her home with them.
I feel so amazingly blessed to know that Olivia is being so well taken care of by such obviously kind, caring people. It will make the rest of the wait easier to know that she is in the hands of people who love her until we get there.
Please, please, please take the time to visit the store of the lady who has made all of this information possible. She has been more than kind.
www.redthreadchina.com
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Updates already!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Congratulations on your darling daughter! I can't wait to find out more. I will surely check out the store of the lady in China. Great tip!
Gina,
How neat to be getting updates already! Sounds like Olivia may be an eater. Maimie only weighed 18 lbs at about 15-16 months. You never can be certain about the weights, but they're helpful to have. Love the store website. Monica
Post a Comment