Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Weekend of Celebration!

What a wonderful weekend we had! Friday night, after mowing, we sat on our new patio with a bottle of wine and some cheese and enjoyed the quiet. It was a very relaxing way to cap off a long week.

Saturay (my birthday) began with presents, then we went up to the spec house to show it. After working around our house in the afternoon, we went to dinner with Mom, Roy, Julie, Rob, Tricia and Ashley. I chose Pasta House for my birthday dinner. A little while after we sat down, another family arrived at the table next to us. They had an adorable daughter from China. I was DYING to talk to them, but trying really hard not to bother them. I kept my mouth shut until the little girl was looking at my ladybug mailbox cover (bday gift from Julie). The mom made a comment about the lady bugs and I jumped!!! I said that we were expecting a referral any day and it went from their. This couple, Jim and Chan, were amazingly gracious, telling us all about their beautiful daughter and wonderful trip to China! They acted as if they didn't even notice our complete disruption of their dinner! It was so cool for Michael and I. We left with such a fantastic feeling.

Sunday was really party day! First, Joyce's 75th birthday party.


I had fun taking lots of pictures, and the food was amazing! Woo hoo to all the great cooks.

From there, we went straight to Amber's graduation party. Aside from the pool turning into a pond from runoff from the recent rains, it was so nice. Again, I took lots of pictures, which will be in the next post since I can't figure out how to go back and add a second picture once I have already added one.

0 comments: