Sunday, July 29, 2007

Meeting Olivia


After much anticipation, we had the pure joy of meeting our little Olivia today. We went to the conference room to wait. Zoie arrived first, then Lily. After a few minutes the director and nanny walked in with Olivia. They immediately took her to the end of the room for pictures. Then, we had to sit down and have our picture taken with her, which is the first time we held her. It was all so surreal,and relatively calm. We had to sign some papers, then talked with orphanage director and nanny for quite a while.
We came back up to the room and have been playing with her and feeding her for a couple hours. She loves to play and has been laughing and smiling most of the time. She would much prefer to eat congee, but we have been trying to get her to take a bottle. She also ate a decent sized bowl of rice cereal. Baby likes to eat!
She will immitate us, loves the stacking cups and rolls from front to back on the bed like a pro! She goes to either of us equally well, but LOVE'S jumping on daddy's lap. She has made really good eye contact when we have been playing. I think after a long day, she is starting to wear down a little early.

We cannot access the blog, mom is posting for me. Hopefuly we can figure something out soon.

Love to all, Michael and Gina

10 comments:

Pattyc said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful 1st family picture! Sounds like she is going to adjust quite well to her new mommy and daddy.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! What a great picture of the three of you. She looks so happy and I know you are both ecstatic...enjoy the rest of your trip, but hurry home so we can all meet Olivia.

kim said...

Well, as you can imagine, I was up bright and early this morning so I could see her. (Gina, I'm sure I beat many sunrise-service goers out of bed today. HA)

I didn't have the site address at home, so I spent the next 20-30 minutes trying to find it. Needless to say impatience took over. I threw on some shorts & a t-shirt & headed to the office. Crazy hair, no make-up...You know the scene...I was praying I wouldn't see a sole I knew. HA.

I sat at my desk and cried when I saw those 1st photos. She is JUST BEAUTIFUL. We all knew she would be.

I'm back home now and have looked at the pics. numerous times. Can't wait for my family to get up so I can share them with someone.

CONGRATS to you all. Looking forward to your arrival home so we can finally meet her in person. Have a safe trip. Love you bunches!

Shannon and Boyd Bringolf said...

Congratulations! and Happy Gotcha day!!!!
Olivia is beautiful!

pam said...

OMG...your pictures made us cry...she is SO sweet and it is great to see you 3 finally together. As we were driving back from Nashvilles last night at 2,3,4 in the morning I kept thinking of you guys and wondering how it is was going. I was wishing so bad I could have called you. I kept asking John, do you think they have her yet? Thinking about and praying for you all made the trip back for me. SO great to see such an answered prayer...Have a blast today enjoying your little sweetie~ love you, pam

Dana said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you two! Olivia is beautiful and so are the smiles and twinkles in your eyes! We are so happy for you! Take care, and enjoy! Terry and Dana

Mom Scott said...

Just seeing the picture of the three of you says it all. Her Mommy and Daddy are two special people. This truly is a very blessed day. She is so pretty and we can't wait to see her in person. I called Martin & Donna as soon as it was on the blog. She was going to see the pictures hopefully before church. I will be looking for more posts. Love, Mom & Roy

Monica said...

Olivia looks so beautiful! I'm so happy for all 3 of you. It sounds like things are going well. Enjoy!
Happy Gotcha, Monica

velma dunard said...

CONGRATULATIONS MICHEL AND GINA!!! She is so precious. She is the "first day of the rest of your life." So much JOY will be shared in a loving family.
Have a safe trip home. We cant wait to see her in your arms. Love Ya

velma dunard said...

Good Afternoon to the lucky family. I'm thinking by now your adoption should be complete. Hurray!!! Little girls are so sweet.... of course boys are too.
Aunt Velma and Uncle Bob