Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TWO OUTFITS BY 1:00




Hello all! Today is our second full day with Olivia. We started out at the breakfast bar after a bottle. Congee for Olivia, omelets for Mom and Dad. Trying to get her to enjoy banana, but no success yet. She slept fine through the night, with lots of tossing and turning and a few more grunts and whines.

Her bath last night was fine. She and I got in the tub, and she didn't know what to do at first, but daddy showed her how to splash and she soon caught. She didn't like having her hair rinsed, but everything else was good.

After breakfast today we went to a very old Budhist temple. It was very beautiful. The only downside is that we were outside the whole time and it is sweltering. Olivia spent the day in the hip panda, and that seems to be working quite well now that we have it figured out.

After the temple, we went to an upscale, 8 story mall. Just wandered around and enjoyed the air conditioning mainly. Olivia was needing to be changed, so the only spot I could find was on the floor of the "accessible" stall in the women's rest room. I put her disposable changing pad down then slid her out of the carrier to find a poopy mess all over the back of her clothing. It is probably over 90 degrees in this bathroom and I am taking her clothes off, cleaning her up, then trying to get new clothes on her, all while kneeling on the floor of the stall. We are doing fine until it is time to put the new clothes on. Olivia HATES getting dressed or undressed. She was screaming her head off. Daddy was outside the door waiting and listening, he finally came on in the women's restroom just as I was trying to get her back in the carrier. By this point, I am so hot I am about ready to faint, so I was needing the help.

After that, more McDonald's. I forgot hot water to make the bottle, so Olivia munched on hamburger and french fries until we got back to the room. There, she pooped again, peed on the bed twice (our fault for letting her roll around without her diaper) and ate more rice cereal than any child should ever eat!

After she indicated she had no intention of taking a nap, we went to the pool for about 45 minutes. She liked it just fine, splashing and jumping around. Now she is sound asleep on the bed.

She reached out for me to pick her up for the first time today, that was pretty cool.

Love to all, Gina, Michael and Olivia

9 comments:

Pattyc said...

Ahhhh the joy of infants! Now you too have a poopy story to tell. Someday I will tell you the story of Alex as a baby at a Pizza Hut at Lake of the Ozarks. We can NEVER return there in our lifetime! Have fun and enjoy all the wonderful moments. The pictures you are sharing are precious, thank you!

Dale Black said...

Mike you old sucker. You look way too happy!!! That baby is beautiful. I have to give my baby away in a few days. Bummer! I am so happy for you guys. Gina you look beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

so fun to see the pictures and your story made me and graham laugh out loud...too funny. olivia is such a cutie, we can't wait to see her in person. hope you guys are having a blast. we love keeping up with you all every day, it is so fun! thanks for taking the time and letting us share the journey with you. we love it! when you described olivia fighting bed time tooth and nail it so reminded me of katie when she was little, who is still a night owl. we had a hysterical day yesterday moving her crap back from athens...have to tell you about it. much love to you all! pam and clan

Amy J said...

I am so happy for all three of you! What joy you must have holding her and looking into her eyes! I am excited to see you and meet Olivia. Can I take her to the Chamber Installation? Love to you all, Amy J

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the stories behind them. Harry was here today and got to view the pictures. He thought that was very cool. Can't wait to see you guys.

Darla said...

You all look so incredibly happy. I especially love the picture of Gina and Olivia sleeping and the new one today of Michael and Olivia looking into the camera with the same look (her little lips are pursed, just like daddy's). I cry with the sweetness it brings each time I look at your pictures.
Thanks for keeping us all updated with each day. We come in all excited to read your new advenures. Olivia is truly beautiful.

velma dunard said...

This are beautiful pictures. You smiles tell it all. Thanks for taking us on this journey with you. I'm loving every bit of it. The pictures are so clear I feel like I am there but just can't touch you.
Aunt Velma

velma dunard said...

I am sending a message for Buddy and Donna:
"Everyone looks happy. Sounds like you are having a great time. Still can't wait to see all of you. Give her a kiss from us."
Mom and Dad

velma dunard said...

I am sending a message for Buddy and Donna:
"Everyone looks happy. Sounds like you are having a great time. Still can't wait to see all of you. Give her a kiss from us."
Mom and Dad