First, please check the previous post for pictures from the trip to Bloomington!
Today marks the third anniversary of our wedding. Three years ago, I was full of nervous excitement, getting my hair done with Julie, Ashley and Tricia, having Taco Bell for lunch. Getting all dressed and ready to start the pictures. But, before we went into the church to start pictures, Michael and I had decided that we wanted a few minutes to ourselves, to see each other all dressed up and ready for the big event. When I say “ourselves” that included my sister, Pam to take some pictures, including this one:
That magical moment began my life as Michael’s wife. Then and now, I feel so lucky to be married to such a kind, giving, loving man. What I didn’t know then is that I was also marrying a devoted dad too.
Why am I lucky? Because we work as a team. We both do things around the house, like laundry, dishes, cooking and yard work. We both change diapers, give baths and bottles and pick up toys. I am so thankful for the fact that we really do, wordlessly and effortlessly, share the responsibilities of our home and family.
I am also lucky that two and a half years after we were married, Olivia entered our lives. While the wait seemed unending at the time, I am also amazed at how lucky we were to have started the process right away and then to have it realized by such a wonderful little girl entering our lives. Had we delayed moving forward with the adoption for even two months, it would translate into another year of waiting.
Happy Anniversary, Michael, I love you.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Happy Anniversary – A Thankful Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I love the photo!
What a beautiful photograph. Happy anniversary to both of you!
Another lovely pic! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment