Monday, February 11, 2008

Chinese New Year Part 3

Yesterday, we had the amazing pleasure of having lunch at a Chinese restaurant with a local family who are in the process of adopting from China. They have been waiting over a year so far.

I felt very blessed to be able to share our experiences and story with such a wonderful family. It was such a relaxing time, visiting, watching Olivia eat everything in sight (especially green beans!) and meeting their terrific boys and very sweet daughter.

I had the pleasure of meeting with a family after they came home from China about a year into our wait, and it was such a boost to my spirits at the time. It really made me realize what I was waiting for - that at the end of this hard, hard road, there really is a beautiful, sweet little girl waiting for me.

1 comments:

Deb and Sean said...

I cried during Oprah too!!!!! To be honest ... 4 years ago I completely bawled through the Oprah episode with Lisa Ling covering China adoptions ... Sean came home during it and I couldn't even talk ... the rest is history!!!!