Last night as I was posting about our boating trip, I was also watching the radar on TWC on line. I could tell a line of storms was forming, and we were going to get a thunderstorm. By the time we got in bed, we could see flashing of lightning in the distance. I fell asleep and woke up to the sound of wind and thunder. Then I fell back asleep. Then I woke back up to the sound of the baby monitor beeping because the power went off. I turned it off and went back to sleep. Then I woke up to the sound of Michael snoring since his cpap machine was not working - still no electricity. Then I went to the spare bedroom and fell back asleep. Then I woke up to the sound of my neighbors generator starting and sputtering. Then I fell back asleep. Then I woke to the sound of Olivia puttering around in her room. No wonder I am tired today. Upon waking for the last time, this is what we found outside. Guess it was pretty windy.
We were certainly not the only ones with limbs and trees down - we saw quite a bit of damage this morning when we went to church. Our neighbors had to cut their way out in the middle of the night on our road to get to work (for the power company). We were out of electricity for just over 11 hours.











4 comments:
Oh, goodness, Gina... that looks like a bad one. Glad it was just limbs and not an entire tree though.
WOW Gina, you half slept thru that thing??
Glad you all are safe and that power is back on!
Hugs, Jill
OMG...you must have been SOOO hot!! Glad you are all OK!
You slept through that?! That would have had our tornado sirens going off all night long....
Post a Comment