Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meeting Olivia - the video

Two years ago, at the moment this post is set to publish, in a conference room at the Lakeside Hotel in Fuzhou, Fujian, PRC, Olivia was carried into the room by her nanny, whisked to the corner of the room for a photo, we were told to sit in the "photo spot" and she was handed to us.

I put this montage together about a year ago, and it is now making it's public debut. That amazing, surreal moment, also captured on video, concludes this piece:


I can ramble all I want on here, but words will never be able to describe the moment you hold your child for the first time.

And now, looking back on it after two years, I see so much of Olivia's personality portrayed even in those first few moments. The insatiable curiosity, the tenderness and caring about those around her.


10 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

How beautiful! Happy family day to y'all... it chokes me up every time I read these stories (or see them unfold).

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Happy Forever Family Day to you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful video!

Kiy said...

Loved it! I especially loved when she nuzzled into your neck ... oh melt my heart!

Thank you for sharing, it was beautiful. Happy celebration day!

Kiy

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very beautiful! I love how she was checking each of you out right away! Wonderful video...thanks for sharing!

Cristina said...

Just beautiful Gina - made me feel all teary!!! Cristina xxx

Polar Bear said...

What an amazing video!
What a sweet baby. :o)

Natalie Unger said...

WOW! How thankful you must be to have that on video. I'm sure watching it brings back every detail and emotion! I teared up when she nuzzled her head into your neck like she knew she belonged there.
Natalie

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

What a sweet video!! Happy Family Day to you!!

It was so sweet to see her look at the two of you & the little nuzzle to mom was beautiful.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

How gorgeous... talking about tears...

Waiting For You said...

Waow, very nice video. I love how Olivia looked at you !

Iseirinne
http://www.waitingforyou.be