Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where Has Time Gone

Over a week since my last post – man, what’s up with that!?!? Anyway – lots of little stuff and a few big things going on. First, the wedding was great and Olivia was adorable. I got very few pictures and almost no good ones, but I will try to find some to post. Her next appearance as a flower girl is in October.

We went to see the Wiggles on Tuesday night. No pics because I forgot my camera, but a good time was had. Olivia was mesmerized by it and loved singing and dancing and seeing Jeff.

We are making slow but steady progress on the potty training front. We made it the whole day on Tuesday in panties with NO accidents – including the trip to the Wiggles which was an hour drive each way.

It seems like every day is something new – words, skills, opinions. Most of it is absolutely glorious to see and enjoy. She plays great with whatever catches her eye at the moment. This morning it was the rings from canning lids as bracelets.

In addition to the wedding, Atlanta was great because we got together with a family who has also adopted from Qingliu SWI. This is pretty significant because there are very few families who have adopted from Qingliu, less than 20, and I am only aware of 8 of them between three countries outside of China. Add to that, this family and the other family in their group are the only adoptive parents that I am aware of that have visited Qingliu. We had the amazing experience of meeting them, watching their video of the Social Welfare Institution and hearing stories. An absolutely super family. And, their daughter was sweet and cute beyond words. I have several pictures, but aside from our travel group and family, I rarely post pictures of other people’s children. You will just have to take my word for it!

Did I mention that, also while we were in Atlanta, my mom got Olivia her first American Girl doll? There was an American Girl store just a couple miles from our hotel and we just *had* to go! She bought one of the Bitty Baby Twins– and a potty, an outfit, and potty training supplies (for the doll, of course). The store was awesome!

Just as an aside, let me know if you are on Facebook – I have been better posting and updating there lately.



4 comments:

Whatshername's Mummy said...

I'm on FB, email me! kes44pdotpoboxdotcom

Kiy said...

I'm on FB too ... well, I have an account there but I am rarely on FB. (I think I am on there with my yahoo address.)

We have been talking ADoll. My mom is just itching to buy Emi one. However, it seems MeiMei has been regulated to being a bedtime friend only. Emi is back to Bear, a sweet stuffed that I picked up forever ago (during the wait). He is the bear of the hour these days. I just don't think Emi is as into dolls just yet. That said, O is 3 months older so maybe in about 3 months (or by Christmas?) Emi will be ready. I love those little bitty baby's!

I have tried a couple of times with the Wiggles, Emi just doesn't get them. She will watch a few moments and then go play. Odd, as she loves the Imagination Movers (okay, so do I, lol). Glad you had fun!

We need Flower Girl pictures! Did the photographer get any? I am just dying to see these!

Okay, after this novel (who needs emails when Kiy can leave novels for comments?), I am off. Cheers!

Polar Bear said...

I've been to the AGD store in Chicago. All I can say is I feel really gipped not having one of those stores when I was little!
That store is AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little flower girl. :o)

Deb and Sean said...

Facebook huh??! I have been resistant ... but ... I am weakening .....