Olivia turned 18 months old last Friday and had her 18 month check-up yesterday. All is well - but she did have two more shots. She continues to be a very busy girl, going and doing all the time. Given the choice, she much prefers to be outside - playing with rocks, water or the litter box in the garage among other favorite things.
Last week one morning she and I were getting ready to take a shower. I undid her sleeper and helped her take it off, then the diaper. Little naked girl then picks up the sleeper and dirty diaper and carries them both to the laundry room. She drops off the sleeper there, then carries the diaper back to the bathroom, opens the cabinet and carefully places it into the trash can. So adorable.
The pictures are from this evening - tomorrow, weather permitting, is a food night at golf league (meaning he and I cook for about 40) so tonight was prep night. To keep Olivia entertained, I got her a chair, a butter knife and the top to an onion. That kept her busy for a while. Then she decided she wanted some green pepper.... to eat. Seems she likes raw green pepper. After that, the barbecue sauce bottle, as in the picture, became the toy of choice. Overall, she seemed to have a really good time "helping" us cook.
I had an early Mother's Day present tonight after we got everything in the kitchen cleaned back up. The only prime time show that Olivia enjoys (not that she has many chances) is Dancing with the Stars. She will dance all around the living room when it is on. Tonight, she danced for a while, but spent a good deal of time (20 minutes or more) watching the show while snuggled in my lap. This is the first time she has just sat, relaxed and snuggled for more than a minute or two. It was pretty darn cool.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
18 months and a few days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
She's absolutely beautiful Gina. And what a neat evening the three of you shared. I hope she's 'voting for' Kristie and Mark or Jason and Edyta. :)
:) Oh D, it was great fun. BTW, since I know you would be interested, we were making barbecued spaghetti. We tried it last week in Memphis and loved it so I found the Neeley's recipe and modified it some. I think it is going to be great! Always a good thing to try out a new, modified recipe on 40 people lol.
I am leaning toward Jason just cause I think he is soooooo pretty.
She is so darn cute!! I love that she knew what to do with her clothes. It's so fun to see them learning. Hug the cute girl for us!
How sweet, looks like she may be a little chief!!!!
Post a Comment