I have wanted to get started in Geocaching for a while now and with a recent purchase of a GPS for the car, the opportunity finally presented itself. I gave it a spin last week, but was not successful because of some glitch with our GPS, but yesterday, Michael, Olivia and I ventured out for a wonderful day of seeing and seeking. Our first adventure took us to The Village of the Blue Rose. A stunningly beautiful spot overlooking the Mississippi River. It was a wonderful spot to wander around, visit with great people and log our first cache.
Our next stop was St. Louis University Lay Center for Education and the Arts. Being there and seeing it is, to me, the whole reason for geocaching. It is a wonderful place with cool art that had we not been geocaching, we would have never, ever made the trip to visit. A beautiful, sculpture filled park in the middle of nowhere. Who would have ever imagined.
After returning home, we headed back out again and "bagged" three caches near our house or in town. One of them, I have literally walked past (like within 4 feet) a hundred times. Our rehearsal dinner was held steps away.
On to dinner... today started with all of us sleeping in a bit. We are all fighting a little cold and yesterday's adventures wore Olivia out. In the morning we did a bunch of cleaning around the house, then headed out to try our luck at another cache after lunch. We did not find it, but had a lovely hike in Indian Camp Creek Park. This is the same cache I was unsuccessful at finding earlier. This time, we made it to the right spot, but it had clearly been flooded, so I am not certain it was still there.
After we got back home, I quintessential Sunday dinner - meatloaf, au gratin potatoes, sweet and sour beets, and a salad. For dessert, iced peanut butter brownies. I really, really enjoyed spending time in the kitchen actually cooking. I have not done that as much as I would like lately, so today was a wonderful treat for me. And, the food was GREAT!
Lastly, I wanted to upload this video the other day, but YouTube was down. It is super quick, just a few seconds, but it is fun. Grandpa and Olivia were having a really good time dancing! And check out that twangy music!!!










2 comments:
I love that about Geocaching too...it takes you to places you might not go to or see. I've been very bad about caching over the past 2 years or so. We started in 2003. We did 2 in HK and 1 on Shaiman Island.
Wow, looks like alot of fun, my sister did that for a while but we just never got into it. Hopefully that will be something we can start doing once they boys are out of the house, have a feeling we are gonna be bored. LOL
Post a Comment