Monday, September 29, 2008

The Stories She Will Tell

When I got home from work, I found Olivia in the laundry room with the door almost closed. Daddy said she had been working on laundry a lot today. I surprised her and she squealed with delight when I opened the door. We then went into the bed room and sat on the bed as Olivia spent several minutes telling me about her day, filled with an animated voice, many hand gestures and tons of facial expression. I understood none of the words, but it clearly had to do with the laundry room because she kept pointing to it. It was all I could do not to roll over in a fit of laughter. As it was, tears were streaming down my face and I fought to keep from breaking into hysterics. She was sooooo excited to tell me ALL about her day!

Took a couple pictures later - the mess on her face is from the two servings of beets she ate for dinner.











Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

What a blessing these little ones are, they bring so much joy and laughter, what else could a person want:)

Kiy said...

Great story! Emi is just now starting to do this, chatter in Emi-speak at us. We have no idea what she's saying, but she seems to! I loved the photos. Wow, beets. I never thought to give Emi beets. Mainly as it wouldn't occur to me to eat them. :)

Cheers, Kiy

Gina (Caleeo) said...

We love beets here - they were from the garden, but we did not get many. I cooked all of them and we ate them over two meals. Fortunately, we canned a bunch last year so we still have plenty to keep Olivia happy!

Shawnstribe said...

oh Gina, i cant get enough of your precious bundle, she is truly adorable
xxx
s

Deb and Sean said...

Truly ... have you ever laughed so much in your life???
Like Olivia, Cadence is a pure comedian ... and she knows it too the little bum! Now if only DOING laundry was really that much fun ....

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Gina,

I love all the pics!!! Allie has
the same floral dress and head
scarf, the sweet potatoes look
amazing!!! Olivia is so darling
Some of the ideas for birthday
gifts are. Kitchen, Motorized
car, Eisel- dont know if that's
spelled right?, they have a Dora
dress up center at Toys R Us...
If you think anymore, please let
me know!

Take Care,

Sindy

Anonymous said...

She sounds absolutely delightful!

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

That is priceless! i love how adamate they get about telling you things even though we have no idea what they are saying.

I love the black & white photo, but you always have such cute pics!

Steve and Kailee said...

Olivia is such a cutie! We love following your blog. Kailee loves to help mama with the laundry too. Her big word's is "Kailee will do it." It's so cute to see what they will come up with next. We are truly blessed with our girl's.