Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Melinda and Jodi

Let me start by saying that I was thinking about writing this post before I found out that while Melinda was watching Olivia on Tuesday, she made a poopy mess in her diaper, then took her clothes and diaper off and got the "mess" all over the place while she was supposed to be napping.


Melinda is Michael's cousin that watches Olivia on Tuesdays. She is a talented, energetic, fun, smart, wonderful mother of two. Of the hundreds of things there are to love about Melinda - we so appreciate the fact that Olivia is able to spend a day with her and her cousins every week playing and having a wonderful time. We are so thankful for you, Melinda.


Jodi has watched Olivia since soon after we came home from China on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (and some other days if we need her!). She also has four amazing daughters who are our "go to" babysitters when we do not want to inconvenience the grandparents for late nights at our house. Jodi is awesome - laid back but structured, relaxed, happy, and always willing. We will be forever grateful that we found someone as wonderful as Jodi and her family to be part of our lives and an amazingly important part of Olivia's life.

We would, of course, never leave Olivia with someone we did not trust - but having these two fabulous people in our lives makes trust so easy. Last Friday, I went with Olivia on a playdate, then dropped her off at Jodi's in the afternoon because Michael and I were going to a wedding that night. Jodi's girls were babysitting, but also wanted to take her to a fun fair at school. We loved it that they wanted to have her a long and had no worries about her well being and we were certain that she would have a good time!

Tuesday, at lunch, a coworker tells me she saw Olivia at the grocery store while she was out. I couldn't help but smile. I love it that Melinda just takes her along, goes with the flow, and treats her as part of the family for the day!

I really do feel lucky and blessed that these two wonderful women are in Olivia's life!


8 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

That's great that you have such wonderful support and help!

Jeff and Amy said...

That is an abosolute blessing to have people in our kids lifes who we love and know who love our kids!!!! I totally agree :)

Steve and Kailee said...

It's great knowing people you can trust. We totally understand what your saying.

Deb and Sean said...

You AND Olivia are blessed! But I have a hunch the feeling is mutual!

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

What a blessing to have reliable people there for you that you trust.

Shawnstribe said...

Friends and eamily we trust are such a blessing: )
the poop story....im sure Miss O, keeps these special occasions for those she loves ; )
xxx
s

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Gina,

I also say how blessed you are
to have reliable and trust worthy
people that can watch and spend
time with Olivia!! Thanks so much
for the email. Today was really
the first day I attempted to spend
time on the pc. My arm is feeling
better and so is Allie!

Cant wait to meet you!

Lots of HUGS,

SINDY

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

How awesome that you have two wonderful ladies in Olivia's life. You are very lucky : )