This is late arriving... still recovering perhaps? Nah, just busy trying to get ready for Christmas. Anyway, on Sunday, Michael, Olivia and I hosted a get together for our playgroup of friends with little girls from China about Olivia's age.
It was a fun, wild time. Six adults and seven children - a little adult beverage, a lot of lemonade, tons of food and massive amounts of merriment. The kids played, ate, ran, ate and ran some more and seemed to have a really good time. The Christmas tree remained upright the entire evening, no blood was shed (at least not that I am aware of - once I looked around and realized all of the adults and none of the children were present and accounted for, and it seemed eerily quiet. Fortunately, soon the bouncing herd emerged from a bedroom.) and there was a below average amount of tears.
As many of the adults were meeting each other for the first time, there was the typical conversations about work, and as is typical among China AP's, conversation about China and adoption.
I didn't take many pictures and haven't looked through them yet, but what I am imagining is on the camera is a series of blurs. That is certainly what I saw. Use your imagination to picture two rambunctious, energetic boys, a sweet, smart, chatty almost 5 year old girl and 4 near two year olds, three of which are from China - all in constant motion. Okay, all but one - A was pretty happy to let chaos happen around her while spending a good deal of time enjoying her cake. It was priceless.
Everyone should be so lucky as to have such fun, interesting and gracious people in their lives.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A celebration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I plan on posting this incredible photo of the kids where you see their outline only and then light trails behind them. It was such a good party that I miss it! I hope we can do that again soon. Maybe our place for CNY if there are no other offers.
And by offers, I mean hosting offers. Our place isn't ideal for parties, but it will do!
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!
Cheers, Kiy
Sounds like it was a bunch of fun...and a great new tradition!
Post a Comment