that it is just plain silly to try to do a gingerbread house with a two year old. Well, at least my wild candy fiend of a two year old.
It started out as a good idea but QUICKLY went down hill when Olivia got the first taste of the candy. I let her have a few pieces. Then I told her no more. Half a dozen time outs later she finally got the hint - she would put the candy in her mouth then take it back out when she realized what she had done and had been busted.
I was not hoping for perfection... I was hoping simply for something that I would not be embarrassed by. After realizing the piping with the icing bag was not working and then discovering that one side of the roof was on upside down I gave up and let her at it. She had a good time and there will not be pictures forthcoming.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Now I Know....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
Ours is still sitting down in the box it came in. Everyone has to be in the right frame of mind and it hasn't happened yet. Can you do them for Easter?????
We have a 2 year old too! I hear you!
Oh man...I want pictures!!!
Hey...the new FFFF is up AND the giveaway ends tomorrow...so get your entry in if you want.
See, and everyone gave me grief about the whole cookie making thing! But probably by next year our gal's will be able to hide their mischievousnes better!
I am impressed you attempted this. THAT never ever crossed my mind.
Kiy
Please post pics!!! We did a house last year and it took 3 adults to construct it. I don't care what anyone says Gingerbread houses are a pain.
I missed you guys last night. Hope you had a great time.
Renee
Oh gosh! Why did I not think of this with Jane? We will be doing ours soon. Maybe I will bring our candy piece by piece! Thanks for the warning!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment