We had the pleasure to attend the Moolah Shrine Circus today. As you can see by the pictures, it was a lot of fun. Olivia, still not feeling the greatest, was fussy during the first half, but settled in and enjoyed the second half quite a bit.
Now to the story of the bike: James, our nephew, Olivia and I ran ahead of Michael going in. While we were waiting, I pointed out a clown to Olivia - she was interested but cautious, just looking over at him while he interacted with other children. When Michael joined us, we headed to the nearest entrance to head to our seats. Michael led the way, and as he approached the ticket agent, she checked the diaper bag. He then went on in while the lady checked my purse. I had stuck my camera and extra lens in it to avoid carrying the camera bag. Weeeelllll, ticket agent high on the "authority" of her position will not allow me with the telephoto lens. Now this is not some high dollar super powerful lens. It is small and very basic - it came with the camera for heaven's sake. AND, we had general admission (upper deck) tickets, so at best, this lens got us as close as about 20 feet. I tried to argue with her, mainly because it was cold, rainy and windy and the car was a LONG way away. I gave up and James went to find Michael. I ducked back in the crowd, near the clown to shove the lens in my pocket and go in through a different entrance. While I was waiting for Michael to rejoin us, the clown came over and started talking to Olivia, asking her if it was her first time at the circus. I said it was - and he reached in his coat pocket and pulled out a sealed envelope and said to bring it back to where we were standing after the show and she would get a bike. As you can see, that is exactly what happened. I was, and still am, shocked! What an amazing surprise!
The clown that gave us the certificate is the one in the orange and blue directly behind us. 
Saturday, March 28, 2009
The Circus: Olivia Won A Bike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
Wow! I'd say lucky girl, but I know we all get sick of that phrase. ;)
WOW! Very cool. Congratz Olivia.
Gina - I owe you an email but I am under the weather also and with Miss E finally in bed I am heading that way too. With luck tomorrow.
Cheers, Liy
WOW~ was there just 1 winner or did several kids get bikes?
Now that is cute!! What an awesome day.
That is soooo cool that Olivia won a bike. Hopefully it made up for the lens ordeal.
Post a Comment