Monday, March 23, 2009

Rockford Weekend
















On Friday, Michael, Olivia and I headed out in our new ride for Rockford, IL to get together with our travel group. It is the first time since China that we have all gotten together (spouses, kids, etc) and it was absolutely wonderful.

We stayed at the Clock Tower Inn and Resort which has Coco Keys Indoor Water Park attached to it. After we arrived on Friday, we met up with Zoie's family at a wonderful local Italian restaurant. Then, after breakfast at Cracker Barrel, we headed to the waterpark. By noon, all three girls were there and they played and played. Olivia stopped for about 15 minutes to eat, otherwise, she was in the water from 10a to 4p.

After an intense day, we opted for an easy evening. We met in Lily's family's room for pizza and a bath... well, at least for Olivia and Lily.

Back to Cracker Barrel (it was right across the street) the next morning with Jeff, Amy, Lily, Nick and Nick's friend Quinton then back to the waterpark. After a few more hours of playing, we met back up with Candi, Duane, Caleb and Zoie for a group lunch at Ruby Tuesday's then a few pictures afterwards.

It is impossible to describe how wonderful having the girls together again was. And how wonderful seeing all the people who have etched a place forever on my heart and in our lives. These are the people with whom Michael and I shared the most amazing experience of our lives with.

On the way home, we stopped off in Chicago for a visit with Aunt Michele. Olivia had a great time hanging out and playing. The downer of it all is that upon waking this morning, Olivia had a fever. By the time we got home and to the Dr. at 5pm, she was at 105 degrees. Just a virus, and we are giving Tylenol and lots of fluids.

12 comments:

Kiy said...

What a completely fun time it looks like they were having. Oh the smiles! I can just hear the giggles. I am sure your heart was overwhelmed and happy and thrilled to see the little gals loving each other. It sure made my heart happy!

Sorry to hear Olivia is sick now! What a complete downer after a weekend like that! Poor baby. Poor mama and daddy!

Thinking about you guys,

Kiy

Jeff and Amy said...

Of course your pictures are amazing!!! We had such a wonderful time and it just melts my heart to see the girl laughing and playing together, many more fun time ahead!!!!!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very cute!! Looks like a fun time. My kids love Coco Key!

Steve and Mellissa said...

I love that you guys got the girls together. They are all so cute.

Tammigirl said...

Hi Gina,

Come over and enter my giveaway. I saw you entered another one, so I'm sure you'd like to win!

Yoplait insulated bag, 32 oz water bottle, notebook, and free yogurt!

http://ifyoucouldseewhatisee.blogspot.com/2009/03/yoplait-yo-plus-review-and-gift-bag.html

~Candi~ said...

Great pictures! It was so much fun getting together and seeing all three girls starting to create a bond! It made my heart so happy :) My baby loves her tutu, thanks again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gina, this looks like so much fun!

Jeff and Amy said...

Gina is there a way that I can order prints from last weekend? By the way this is Jeff and yes Mike is a handsome man.

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

How fun! I love the giggly pictures. I think having a travel group to connect with so priceless. We meet with ours at least every other month (thankfully we all live w/in our metro area).

I didn't realize that Lily was in Miss O's group, how cool is that!

Louanne said...

I love all the photos. It looks like you guys had the best time ever! What a wonderful blessing.

Dee said...

Great pictures! They are all so adorable!

a Tonggu Momma said...

How wonderful!!!! This reminds me so much of our first two reunions with our gals. The first was at 20 months old, the second at about 2.5 years old. And they had so much fun! So did we! And I hope Olivia feels better soon!