Sunday, August 17, 2008

I want juice

So, as most of you are well aware, I have had concerns about Olivia's language development. Receptive is super - she understands nearly everything we say, and has for quite some time. Expressive - not so much. She certainly has some words that she uses quite a bit, specifically: Mom and no. Okay, there are a few beside that as well. I have thought for a little while that she seemed to be stringing some words together, and over the past week started saying "I wan dat" or "I do wan dat" pretty regularly. Well today, she signs that she wants a drink. I say "Drink? Okay, mama will get you some water". Clear as day, as if she had been saying it for years, she looks at me and says "I wan juice." I was floored. I immediately went and got her some juice, of course! So, I am thinking we are making progress on this language thing.

5 comments:

Johnny said...

My daughter, at around 2.5 years old could say, "Uhhhh, I want a caaamel machiaato."

Too many times with Mom through the Starbucks drivethrough.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Way to go Olivia!

Louanne said...

WOO HOO!!!

Kiy said...

Awesome! Go Olivia!

Jeff and Amy said...

That is awesome Olivia!!!! We have a speech therapist coming today to try and make some progress????