One year ago this past Friday (the 8th) was our last night in China. I did not post about it at all because there really was not time. In this post I talk about being back in Hong Kong, but that only got us through mid-afternoon. That evening, Amy, Jeff, Lily, Nick, Michael, Olivia and I met up and headed out on the streets and waters of Hong Kong. Our first order of business was food! The first place we saw that struck our fancy was Outback Steakhouse. As it was a little before 5, when we got there, we were the only people in the place. (and it was freezing cold!!!) Anyway, we ordered more food than any small group of people should be able to eat, then proceeded to devour nearly every bit of it. We all shared and tasted each others meals and thought it was perhaps the best food in the world. It was yet another amazingly memorable times on the trip.
Afterwards, we hopped on the ferry for a ride from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and back, then hung out and watched the amazing laser show (after ice cream at Hagan Daas (I think). That was Olivia's first time tasting ice cream and she was not too impressed as I do not think she was used to eating cold things.
So, to celebrate the anniversary of this wonderful meal, we met up, sans Nick at an Outback in St. Louis for dinner on Saturday (missed it by a day, but conflicts held us up a bit). It was fun once again! Afterwards, we went to the playground at the Mills to let the girls burn off a little steam.
The next morning we left for the long, long journey home - so many memorable moments there - pretty much all are included in the original post with the exception of that overwhelmingly amazing feeling it was to be sitting at my kitchen table at around midnight eating a sandwich. Ham and swiss cheese never tasted so good.
By now, one year ago, we had been home two full days. The jet lag was pretty well just starting to set in, but it was all good!
Michael, Gina and Olivia
The girls playing
Olivia taking a break










4 comments:
Glad we were able to meet for supper it was fun. The one thing that stands out to me is I had never before eaten after anyone else nor have I since that wonderful meal in Hong Kong!!!! Yes, I had to be starving to eat off other peoples plates but after two weeks of rice you will do about anything. LOL
That's just so cute!!
I cant believe it has been a year since you came home with your beautiful daughter. I truly miss her running into my office. Maybe you could show her a picture of me sometimes so she doesnt forget me!!!! I'm so happy for you that Olivia is in your life. Love from The Vaccaro's---
What a wonderful post, I love it! And wow, a year already. Doesn't seem possible, but I have loved watching Olivia blossom.
Kiy
P.S. Tagged you! :)
Post a Comment