Seriously, no, we are nowhere near potty training - the title has nothing to do with that. Just a couple stories from the evening.
Thankfully, after a rough start to the week, Olivia is feeling much better. Still a runny nose, but her spirit and happiness are back. Mama and Daddy are VERY thankful.
So, Jodi is off taking her kids to Six Flags today, so Olivia gets to hang with Daddy. After her nap, around 4pm, as usual, it is time for a little snack. Fast forward to around 6:45pm. Michael and I are working on making vegetable soup for canning and Olivia is watching television. She comes in and asks for a drink, we get her some milk, then she points to her foot and says "ick". I see something on her foot, but do not do a close investigation but give her a wet paper towel. She cleans it off and hands it back. She is still saying "ick" and pointing to the living room where she had been standing (and squatting). I look in there and see what has to be poop on the floor. I check the diaper and send her and Daddy off for changing. While I am cleaning up the carpet, I hear bath water running, so I know it must be bad. When they come back, Michael says "that was pretty much my fault" Huh?
Turns out that aforementioned snack was "oh four, maybe five" prunes! As is now obvious to all readers, Olivia loves prunes and I give them to her often, but never more than one a day.
So, about 45 minutes later, Olivia is standing in the kitchen as I am still working on vegetables. More "ick". I clean the kitchen floor and Michael and Olivia are off to the tub again. Two diaper changes in less than an hour! My mom suggested to me on the phone that I should avoid getting Olivia out of the crib in the morning just in case, leaving that task to Daddy!
On to underwear. Olivia has long been really into my bras and underwear, but she has now moved on to Daddy's boxers and socks. First, she gets them out of the drawer:
Then tries a few on:
Then poses for a couple pictures:
Until I was helping her take them off, I thought she had on three pair. Turns out there were actually four.
Life is never, ever, ever dull.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Underwear and Diapers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Oh my gosh, too funny, not for the one doing the cleaning though. Love the photo in daddy's underwear, too cute :)
Sorry about the poop, but the boxer story and photos are awesome.
Post a Comment