
The Olympics have begun! I am so excited to see all of the beauty, culture, history and graciousness of Olivia's homeland displayed for the world. I have never looked forward to an Olympics as much as these, and am thrilled it is finally starting.
In every way possible these days I find myself rooting for China - but, since we are now a Chinese-American family now, I guess that makes sense. These games, and this spotlight on China has been so wonderful in so many ways. Those with open eyes and minds have an unprecedented opportunity to see one of the world's oldest and richest cultures in all of its glory.
The pictures I have seen thus far of the opening ceremony have been no less than stunning. I hope you enjoy them, the Olympics and China as much as I plan to.
Friday, August 8, 2008
I Wish I Were There
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Look at those costumes! It's going to be fun to watch!
My TIVO is going now. I can't wait to watch it!
What a wonderful way to celebrate your daughter's heritage.
Post a Comment