Last year we went to Clarksville to see the eagles twice and posted about it here and here. As opportunity to make the trip was drawing to an end, despite the chilly weather, we made the trip today. No splashing in puddles today, and Olivia fell hard asleep on the way. Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, saw lots and lots of eagles, got a few good pictures and had a wonderful lunch at Clarksville Station with Grammy and Grampy.
One of the coolest moments was as we were driving back into Clarksville from a trip a couple miles north of town. We saw some people looking and pointing to the bluff to our right. We stopped and looked up, nearly directly above us and saw and eagle sitting in a tree with another one coming in to land. They were screaching at each other, and defending the branch of the tree. It was quite cool to see.
One of the coolest moments was as we were driving back into Clarksville from a trip a couple miles north of town. We saw some people looking and pointing to the bluff to our right. We stopped and looked up, nearly directly above us and saw and eagle sitting in a tree with another one coming in to land. They were screaching at each other, and defending the branch of the tree. It was quite cool to see.










4 comments:
How beautiful. Is that along the Mississippi? We were recently along the Illinois River and thought we saw an eagle flying, but we weren't sure.
Yes, it is along the Mississippi at Clarksville, MO. We got better photos last year, but enjoyed this years trip just as much.
Gina, Olivia is soooo cute with her camera and in her new coat. At the beginning of the post, I thought you went to see The Eagles :), then I realized it was the eagles!
wahta sight they are!
I thought the exact same thing as Ms. Teagarden! Then I thought, hmmm, she really should have capitalized Eagles. Gosh, I am such a nerd!
It does sound awesome and I adore the picture of Olivia with her camera.
Cheers, Kiy
P.S. Yes, I am so behind! ;)
Post a Comment