I want to collect some of the latest cute things that have happened in our house:
We have a growth chart in the hallway outside of Olivia's room. At least twice a week, she stands in front of it for her to measure me, then I have to stand in front of it and lift her up so that she can measure me - even though I am taller than the top of the chart. Best I can tell, I seem to be maintaining my current height.
We have pretty well blown through the whole learning our colors thing. She decided a while back that it was time to learn them and now we regularly hear about puple, wehwoh, boo, geen and red things all over the house. She also knows pink, black, white, gray, brown and orange, but those don't sound quite as cute when she says them.
We count all the time, okay, well I count all the time but Olivia rarely participates. Recently we were all in the kitchen and I hear behind me one, two tree, for, fie, six. I think she was counting the leaves on a plant, but not sure. Guess all that counting has paid off.
Mornings have become quite the interesting time around our house as Olivia is now waking up at 6 am every morning. Since the gate is up, she happily plays in her room. I walked in to find all her blankets stacked on her book basket, with frog perched on top. Or frog on the changing table with the diaper and wipes out. Or I hear her "reading" books through her monitor.
A long time ago, Olivia time, I started doing my own little version of an attachment activity where I lie on my back with Olivia on her back next to me. I roll toward her and place my cheek against hers then pick her up, roll her to the other side of me and place her back on the floor with our faces just inches apart. Olivia giggles as she looks in my eyes and says "gen" (again). We had not done it in a while, but recently she started wanting to do it again. It has been very, very fun for me.
For several days the chair at the end of the dining room table has been gone, meaning if one were to sit at the end of the table and dangle their little legs over it, it is pretty much like a left field bleacher seat for the television. The other day, I heard giggling and turned around to find Olivia perched as described, just as happy as can be. I absolutely could not keep from laughing as she looked so pleased with herself sitting there.
There have been numerous times that I have offered Olivia something recently and her refusal comes in the form of "I'm fine" like me saying "Olivia, do you want a tissue to wipe off your fingers" response "I'm fine Mommy".
The last few days, she has been singing and dancing like crazy. It is so fun to hear and see. 
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
This and That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
It sounds like things are moving along so well. This is SUCH a fun age!
Don't just love listening to them play over the monitor, especially reading and singing! Mattea did the bleacher seating thing you described one time, only her bleacher was the tray of her highchair. I learned never to turn my back on that child for a second. I still can't figure out how she did it and so quickly. Gotta love them!
Sounds like she is doing wonderful, can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!!!
I am catching up here. Sorry about your nose bleed.
And I love all these little stories. What I find funny are all the things that kids do the same but with their own flair. Nadia has started the "i'm fine thing" too. LOL.
Cute post, I love all the things she is learning & doing. We use a monitor too & it's always fun to hear what she is doing, saying or singing.
I love the eagles pictures too. What a neat trip.
WOW!!! That is awesome.
I wish Lily was doing all the things that Olivia can do. Oh well, all I can do is work with her.
Don't these little girls just crack you up. The things they say are so adorable.
Have a great week,
Renee
"Best I can tell, I seem to be maintaining my current height."
I cracked up at that.
Olivia sounds delightful, what fun. I can't believe everything she's saying!
Cheers, Kiy
Post a Comment