Olivia is talking a lot and I am enjoying the heck out of it. But, one thing this Mommy has dreamed about for four years (that is how long it has been since we started looking into adoption) is hearing my little girl say "I love you". Hundreds and hundreds of other little dreams, but since she has began talking good and a lot, that one has risen to the top of the list.
And, it arrived with a bang. First to Daddy about 10 or so days ago, when I told her as they were saying good-night "tell Daddy: I love you" and Olivia responded with "eeeeiiiiiiwuuuhhhhvoo"The in more recent nights they would shout it back and forth to each other. Nothing, though for Mommy despite repeated attempts. Then, finally, after prompted, I got one a few days ago. It was sweet and we were on the right track! Music to my ears.
Today was the absolute moment though - I am not sure why, but as I was preparing dinner, with Grammy and Grampy and Daddy hanging out with me in the kitchen, Olivia came up to me and said "Hoed ooo mommy" (hold you Mommy - meaning, please pick me up and hold me) with her arms outstreatched. I picked her up and she snuggled into me I kissed her cheek and she said "iiiiuuvvooo" and she nested up against my chest. I wispered "I love you too sweetie" and held her for as long as she wanted to be held. 
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Just in Time for the Big Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
What a wonderful, sweet moment to share! I live for those special moments. So happy to know you got yours.
What a wonderful moment! Thank you for sharing it with us!
How precious!
Ahh, doesn't get any better than that!!!
Cristina xx
So cute- nothing better in this world than that, is there?
That is so wonderful. Something you will never forget I'm sure.....
This post makes me want to cry, how sweet, how incredibly sweet.
I am envious of you and happy for you as well. Hearing those words from your little girl had to have been the sweetest moment.
I love the pictures from your previous post. Olivia looks adorable in that sweater. Lets get together soon.
Renee
That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.
How did I miss this post?? Oh, I am so happy for you. I know you've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting. I bet you were mush inside. :)
Hugs, Kiy
Post a Comment