I am sitting at the computer, Olivia in her crib early for a nap so that she can get a few hours in before the social worker comes for our final home study visit. I have been contemplating what to write as tomorrow marks one year since we left for China to meet Olivia. What I hear over the monitor, among many other things is growling and barking. I believe the lion and the dog may be engaged in some sort of altercation. So as not to alarm, the lion and dog are stuffed animals that Olivia likes to have in her crib.
On a related note - as I mentioned, the social worker is coming today. We are leaving on an overnight trip tomorrow, and the cleaning lady is on vacation. So, while the house is not a disaster, it is not perfect either. Yesterday, I unearthed the living room floor from a mountain of toys, so you can see most of the carpet now. Today, I got out the vacuum, took it to the garage and vacuumed the carpet in my car in preparation for the trip. As I was doing it, I was amused with the irony of it all. For our first homestudy visit, I am fairly certain that I cleaned everything within 100 yards of the house, including closets, drawers, the garage, the flower beds etc. For our last post placement, I didn't even vacuum the living room. LOL Well, there is still time.
More to come on the one year ago stuff...... 
Thursday, July 24, 2008
The Lion and the Dog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Congrats on reaching your last HS follow up!
For our first HS, we boxed up the booze and put it deep into a stairway closet.
For the second one, we could've offered her a drink!
;)
:) I am thinking that we offered our original SWer a drink once - maybe even the first visit. I know we cooked dinner for her.
I never did vacuum - and had to clear a spot on the dining room table for her to put her papers.
Post a Comment