Monday, July 7, 2008

What a Weekend

As I mentioned when I threw the other pictures up, Olivia has been sick. Friday morning, when I got her up from bed, she was feverish. It increased all day, topping at around 104 before I called the pediatrician. He said to keep pumping drugs (Tylenol and ibuprofen)and "call him in the morning" (yes, he actually said that) if it gets worse.

It did not get worse, but for large portions of the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I had a 27 pound attachment. She has not been eating well, generally fussy and we have had some exceptionally bad nights. The details of the nights are still to painfully fresh to share but suffice it to say that I am exhausted. On Saturday we added a sore on the tongue to the mix. Today, a sore on her foot that was healing was blistered and nasty looking. Off to see the pediatrician who confirmed my suspicion - Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Treatment: more pain relievers and time. Woo hoo.

This has probably been the hardest few days since we have been home for me. I feel so bad that she is hurting so much and so sick. Everyone here is exhausted. The only time that Olivia will go to anyone else is if I am not around. She literally clings to me for dear life when we try to put her down for a nap or bed. And, to add insult to injury, I had the pager for work over the weekend - which adds a whole other level of stress and sleep deprivation.

The "I have got to get out of the house, relax and talk to adults" moment of the weekend was the Lincoln County Fair parade. It is one of those many "I can't wait to share this with Olivia" things that we do every year. Since she was feeling fairly decent, we went and she had a great time. She certainly quickly got the hang of grabbing candy (and eating it, especially Tootsie Rolls!)






1 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

Gina, hope Olivia starts to feel like herself soon, and hope you get the much needed rest you need. I am almost positive Lily had that shortlly after getting home, she had bumps in her mouth on the palms of her hands and feet. I had seen it when I did daycare so knew all we could do was tylenol and wait, (((hugs)))