Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Joy and Sleep

Each and every day, something that Olivia does is just so cute or funny that I can't help but feeling such joy that she is in our lives. For example:

- Last night I was with her in her room listening/dancing to music. I was on the floor and I picked up Clyde a small stuffed horse (no more than 12 inches tall, 10 inches long) and had him "dancing". Olivia took him from me, put him between her legs and proceed to "ride" this little horse around the room. It was so funny to watch.

- We have converted the crib to a toddler bed. That means that while not in use for sleeping, the bed has many, many other uses, especially trampoline and climbing apparatus. She especially likes climbing on the side rail and standing on it on one foot while doing some ballet like moves. Sometimes she straddles the rail, but it never lasts long, because it must be uncomfortable. How do I know? Well, last night she started to straddle the rail, stopped, grabbed two blankets, placed each one over the rail then climbed on. Much more comfortable with a makeshift saddle.

- She has two pumpkins with faces painted on them (thanks Grandma Jeri). A couple days ago, she had them in front of her on the dining room table. She was on a chair with a bowl and spoon feeding them.

As to sleep - we have once again made progress. I am so thankful that Olivia is sleeping better and going to bed without much issue. After weeks of crying and screaming and more, each night lately has gotten a little better. Last night she fussed just a tiny bit before I put her in bed, but waved and said "bye" as I left the room and slept well all night.

4 comments:

Polar Bear said...

What sweet stories. Love the feeding pumpkins one! :)

So glad the sleeping is better, that must be rough.

Jeff and Amy said...

Great imagination, sounds like the two of you have so much fun, how neat!!!!! So glad she is sleeping better, we are still doing pretty good in that area as long as she has KaiLin on her tv.??LOL

Finally a Family of Four said...

I love the feeding the pumpkins story. I am so glad she is sleeping better. I hate it when Lily goed thru a sleep issue stage.

Kiy said...

We seem to go 'round and 'round on the sleeping thing. Weeks go by and all is fine and then POOF we have weeks of cries and sadness and whining. I so feel for you on that, bedtime continues to be our big area of struggles. Glad it's getting better for you!

I too love the pumpkin story, aren't these little people just filled with wonder. I could watch Emi all day long and not get bored.

Cheers, Kiy