Today, we received a Lunar New Year card from the director of Olivia's orphanage. It was very fun, although not completed unexpected to receive as I knew that a few people had received them last year. The interesting coincidence is that earlier in the day I sent money to a friend in Guangzhou so that she can send a Lunar New Year gift to Qingliu on our behalf. I am going to ask around to see if I can find someone who can read Mandarin to translate what has been written. Of course, if you are reading this and know, please share with me.
Front of card
Inside of card










6 comments:
That is really cool, what a great surprise to get this!
Sorry I cannot help you, but what a great gift!
Too awesome!
How nice!
We also received a card from Qingliu orphanage. I work with several folks who are fluent in Mandarin and it translates as follows:
Wish your family happiness
Merry Christmas
Qingliu County Orphanage
Email address: QLXFLY374@163.com
(QLXFLY is the initials for Qing Liu Xian (county) Fu Li Yuan (means orphanage or nursing home))
Oh that is so neat and to have their email address too- wow!
Happy New Year!
Michelle
That is so cool!!
Post a Comment